Definition: Aggregate is a collection of items that are gathered together to form a total quantity.

The fleeting moments of knowledge in which we discover our existence are facts that can be committed to memory. We can enlarge this aggregate memory and refashion it as we go through a lifetime. By saving these memories on paper and reconstructing the images of our lives. We see the art of our lives unfolding before us.

Face the brilliance of your most wonderful creations and dwell on your dreams.
I believe in teaching, the sharing of ideas and playfulness of creating.

Friday, August 23, 2013

New 2013-2014 Journal





Hello Crafties-


I am finishing up my Mini Journal that I started last year and only have a few pages left. So no better time than the present to start up a new one. Plus I will be going back to Pilchuck Glass School for a few weeks and will need to more space to place my ideas on. This new journal measures 5.5"wide x 8" tall. I like working in smaller books so that I can take them anywhere. And for some reason when you are working smaller people are less likely to look over your shoulder. lol. I am kind of shy.

Here is what I did for the cover:

1- I layered two coats of gesso waited until dry and used the Playful Pods Stencils from Artistcellar and added some background texture with gesso and a stencil. Then I used another stencil and molding paste to add another layer of texture. THIRD time is the charm?! So I took a Crafter's workshop stencil Microbial and used gel medium with the glass beads. I love the way the light picks up the glass beads and creates that bit of shimmer to the matte look of paint. And it suits my purpose pretty well. Don't you think?

2- I added color with Distress stains, Silks Paints (colors I used: Honey Amber & Key Lime) and Viva Decor's Inka Gold in Old Silver just to add some pop to the gesso'd stenciled bits.

3- Then doodled a page liner on chipboard and some small doodles to get it all going.

Enjoy-
Sarinda


4 comments:

  1. beautiful cover Sarinda!
    nagaonkarshilpa.blogpot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cover, Sarinda! I am adding that microbial stencil to my "must have" list! Your colors are gorgeous. Good luck with your class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ladies... There is always something fun about getting a new sketch book and filling the blank pages. Wishing you a wonderful day.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete